- we don't waste time looking for good places to eat;
- we get to try the "best" restaurants in the areas we'll be exploring;
- we don't break our piggy banks overspending on food.
I don't know how accurate or up-to-date my internet sources are, but here are the places that I chose based on reviews and average prices per meal.
- Dinner: Ichiran Dotonbori Yataikan 一蘭(道頓堀店屋台館) - ramen, around ¥1,000
- Lunch: Saizou 菜蔵 - heigawari teishoku or daily set meal, around ¥700
- Dinner: Oretachi No Curry Ya 俺たちのカレー家 - full option curry plate, around ¥900
- Lunch: Kuromon Ichiba 黒門市場 food trip - fresh seafood, oden, takoyaki, around ¥2,500
- Dinner: Ippudo Namba 一風堂( なんば店) - ramen, around ¥1000
Day 4 (Kyoto)
- Lunch: Oshokuji Dokoro Asuka お食事処明日香 - teishoku or set menu, around ¥1,000
- Dinner: The Cube Food Court @ Kyoto Station Building, around ¥800
- Lunch: Okonomiyaki Chigusa お好み焼き千草 - okonomiyaki, around ¥1,000
- Dinner: Hanamaruken Hozenji 花丸軒(法善寺店) - ramen, around ¥950
- Lunch: Universal Studios Japan
- Dinner: Ootoya Gohan Dokoro 大戸屋ごはん処 - teishoku or set meal, around ¥1,000
- Lunch: Naniwa Kuishimbo Yokocho (gourmet theme park)
- Dinner: Yoshinoya 吉野家 - donburi (rice bowl) with side dish, around ¥700
- Lunch: Sukiya すき家 - donburi (rice bowl) with side dish, around ¥800
- Snacks: Kushikatsu Daruma Tsutenkaku - kushikatsu, around ¥2,000 for a samplers set
- Dinner: Dotonbori Food Trip (Kuidaore! Last night out ;-p)
- Lunch: Kamado Gohan Sachifukuya 釜戸ごはんさち福や - teishoku or set meal, around ¥1,000
There are still a few more restaurants I wanted to try out, but I couldn't fit them in. Just as well or I probably won't fit in my clothes by the time we leave Japan!