Thursday, November 23, 2017

See You Again, Japan

Nine days was not nearly enough to satisfy my long-standing pursuit of Japan. Instead of quenching the thirst, it made me hungrier for more! We stayed in Osaka during the entire duration of our vacation, opting for a day trip to Kyoto so we wouldn't have to bring our luggage with us. It was such an experience. I loved every moment of it. Here are some of the things that I miss now that we're back in the Philippines.

We spent our last day in Japan at Ryokuchi Park, Osaka.

The cold autumn temperature, which ranged from 5 degrees in the nighttime to 15 degrees in the daytime. 

A beautiful day in Osaka
  • I got the chance to wear pretty trench coats and jackets. I wanted to wear boots, but I didn't find an affordable pair that was comfortable enough for long-distance walking.
  • I set a new highest step count record multiple times (according to Samsung Health) comfortably without a single drop of sweat.
  • Because I didn't sweat, I didn't feel dirty or grimy at the end of the day.
  • My eye makeup didn't melt off my face like it usually does when I don't stay in an air-conditioned room all day. No panda eyes!

The clean air.

  • Most cars were hybrid and didn't puff out any smoke.
  • My sinuses cleared up.

The delicious food.

  • Japanese food just tastes so much better in Japan! ;-D 

The comfortable public transportation.

  • I didn't mind riding the trains and subway at all (except during the train ride to Kyoto when we had to sit backwards i.e. not facing the direction the train was moving). Usually I get nauseous and dizzy riding jeepneys because of the smog and the jerky way most jeepney drivers drive, but the train was a very comfortable ride.

So, to borrow General Douglas MacArthur's words, "I came through and I shall return!" Haha! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment