Friday, July 28, 2017

What To Buy In Japan (My Shopping List)

One of the things I am excited about is buying things from Japan that I either can't get / don't have enough choices of in my country or are cheaper when bought in Japan. And to make sure I don't miss anything, I'm making a list and checking it twice!

Here is my list of things to buy in Japan:

  • Kose Sekkisei Moist BB cream shade 01
  • My Sekkisei BB cream is running out! I don't think it'll last until November. :-(

  • cosmetics - I wonder if they have the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer in Japan. I've heard good things about it. I've been asking salesladies at the malls if they have it, but the answer is always "it hasn't been released in the Philippines yet."
  • Wasabi Aji Fried Ika わさび味いかフライ 
  • These wasabi flavored fried squid are very addicting.

  • Ohgiya noriten のり天
  • Ohgiya noriten tastes way better than the seaweed tempura available in our supermarkets!

  • takuan - daikon pickled in a rice bran-based fermenting medium rich in bacillus subtilis
  • shibazuke - chopped cucumbers and eggplant pickled in red shiso
  • ninniku misozuke - garlic cloves pickled in miso paste
  • takuan
    shibazuke



ninniku misozuke





  • nori
  • furikake
  • green tea
  • Ippudo Instant Ramen 一風堂
  • Nissin Raoh Instant Ramen
  • Nissin Chilli Tomato Cup Noodle
  • Maruchan Instant Yakisoba
  • chopsticks and chopstick rests
  • Who can resist the cuteness of cats?!

  • Japan keychain - to replace my more-than-ten-year-old favorite Beautiful Malaysia keychain that I've had to glue together to keep the inner part from falling off
I love this keychain. It's just the right size. I like the design and metal quality; the edges are so smooth. It looks exactly the same from the other side. The inner circle spins around.

  • bag with a cat design - just because I like cats
    Look how cute these cat rucksacks are! Can't decide if I want the グレー (gurei or gray), ブラック (burakku or black), or アイボリー (aiborii or ivory).

  • Osaka and Kyoto refrigerator magnets - to start my refrigerator magnet collection of the places I've been to in Japan :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment